There are 5 main types of stomach cancer (gastric cancer) which include:
- Adenocarcinoma: This is the most common type of stomach cancer, 90 to 95 percent of stomach cancer cases, and develops in the glandular tissues.
- Lymphoma: This is a rare type of stomach cancer that develops in the immune system tissue of the stomach wall.
- Leiomyosarcoma: This is a type of stomach cancer that develops in the stomach muscle layer.
Get an expert medical opinion
- Gastrointestinal Stomal Tumors (GIST): This type of stomach cancer develops in the tissues which support the digestive organs. This type of tumor develops in the stomach wall tissues that contain a specific type of cell called intestinal cells of Cajal. Gastrointestinal stomal tumors are a rare form of cancer and can occur anywhere in the gastrointestinal tract. However the majority of GIST cases occur in stomach.
- Carcinoid Tumors: This is another less common form of stomach cancer that develops in the hormone-producing tissues of the stomach. Most of these tumors do not spread to other organs.
For more information, medical assessment and medical quote
send your detailed medical history and medical reports
as email attachment to
Call: +91 9029304141 (10 am. To 8 pm. IST)
(Only for international patients seeking treatment in India)